Christine - Trained Doula

Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting

To get me through the day at work I think about that cup of coffee waiting for me at home and then the basket of yarn and needles beside my chair. My latest creations - slouch hats. Made a cranberry one for Kate, a light tan one in alpaca and a really nice brown alpaca one that is a keeper. Now I am thinking about changing the pattern for the body of the hat. I love to make hats mostly because they are quick and I can complete one in a short time. In fact, I don't usually wear a hat but this style works really well, stays on my head and doesn't give me a head ache. Weird I know but my mom would say the same thing. I think it's our big heads.
I found that the leftover yarn from socks make great baby, doll and kids hats plus the variegated yarn looks cool. Hopefully when I get enough made I'll get them up on etsy and ecrater. I'm horrid at taking the photos and getting them off the camera and onto the computer.

1 comment:

YarnKat said...

I love the pattern. I am going to have to try making this hat to hide my funky hair as I let it grow out a little. Just a litte - I am not going to make it long again. :-)