Christine - Trained Doula

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nutrition and Exercise in Pregnancy

Today I attended a conference in Utica about Nutrition and Exercise in Pregnancy. I love going to conferences because even if I don't learn something new it gives me a boost to keep on going. We heard a speaker talk about obesity and pregnancy which was too technical for me at this time. However, we had another speaker who addressed the issue of nutrition and elevated blood sugar levels, another who spoke about eating disorders and how they relate to pregnancy and a physical therapist who talked about the best exercises for pregnant women and how excessive exercise could be detrimental. I was glad I took the day off and attended. Not to mention the delicious food - the fresh pineapple was to die for and meeting new people.

No comments: