Christine - Trained Doula

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin Bliss

I LOVE pumpkin, anything pumpkin - not to mention that it is an autumn fruit and love autumn and all the colors that go along with it. In fact, I bought BOXES of discounted orange lights on discount after that October holiday to put up around the farm for Thanksgiving. Look really cool at night along the fence.

Now that I am back on my no flour, no sugar LivIt, I was looking for something to finish off dinner tonight when pumpkin and tapioca came to mind. After some web searching (how did I ever cook with the computer) with nothing showing up that sounded good I just decided to combine the recipe on the pumpkin can with the recipe on the tapioca box.
Gran's Pumpkin Pudding with Tapioca
15 oz pumpkin
2 eggs
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup 2% milk
1 t. vanilla
Mix well together

In a smaller bowl put
1 cup splenda (probably could use less)
1 t. Cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/2 t. salt
3 T. tapioca
Mix well and add to pumpkin mixture.

Pour in container/s
I use a glass pyrex sprayed with PAM
Sprinkle nutmeg on top

Bake 350F until set in the middle - about an hour.

I need to tweak this of course. I like more spicey pumpkiny flavor.

No comments: