Christine - Trained Doula

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

what I miss....


Of all the things I miss ...... it all comes down to family. My parents, my daughter, my grandson.

My dad was a gardener - he even worked for Baker's Greenhouses back in the 40's.  He had a beautiful '50's garden full of phlox, poppies, peonies, bee balm and August Lilies, like the photo here, roses and lots of flowering shrubs.  Our back yard was my haven.  My sister and I would build tents over the clothes lines, play monopoly on the huge back porch, have fun times playing hours of croquet and just lazing under a tree reading books.  I grew up in a wonderful time in a wonderful neighborhood where we could play hide and seek running around between all the houses.  We would have clam bakes and sledding parties and would get together to watch sputnik cross the sky

No comments: