Christine - Trained Doula

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Like I needed a new hobby

Like I need a new hobby - but I justify if by making that a hobby a useful one.  We did the Remsen Barn FOTA this year.  I had a dear friend give me a bag full of lovely yarn this past winter so I "hooked" up a bunch of newsboy hats.  Sold almost all of them at the FOTA so I put my earnings to good use.


I bought a rag rug twining loom.  Well actually I bought two sets.  
So I can make 6 different sizes.  Here is my trivet halfway finished.  
I couldn't wait until I got home to get started so I torn up a 
quillo (quilt in a pillow) I had in the car and made a mug rug.   


Here's my almost finished creation.  My edges gave a bit of difficulties in my 
first project but I seemed to get the hang of it in this one.


Now all that needs to be done is to weave in the ends and voila  - a trivet for Doug's casseroles.

Now on to a bigger item - perhaps a table runner or a throw rug.  
With all my stashes of material that spans - no kidding - 40 plus years
 I should be all set for the next decade or so. 

No comments: