Christine - Trained Doula

Sunday, January 22, 2012

BE a VOICE for LIFE


Be a voice.... Sounds easy for someone like me who tends to be a bit loud and boisterous but that is not the voice I am talking about.  I am talking about the voice I need to have when it comes to speading the good news of Jesus Christ.  And sometimes that just isn't so easy.

Today is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.  I could go into all the typical statements and photos about why abortion is wrong and I am sure there are as many people out there with reasons why it is necessary and that it is just a fetus - a blob of tissue.  But I won't.

My belief is that regardless of the circumstances,  abortion is wrong.  BUT instead of "preaching" the wrongness of abortions, we need to focus on - why we are here to begin with.  To spread the gospel and in doing so bring people to know and love Jesus.

I encourage everyone to watch the video - BE A VOICE produced by Focus on the Family. Take 5 minutes to find out why we all need to BE A VOICE.

I have included a small article about a young lady Madeline Mann.  She was born weighing less that a pound at a gestational age of 27 weeks.  She is a survivor.  She was the size of a child who might have been the result of a late term abortion.  How can we say she was just a fetus and therefore it doesn't matter.

Madeline Mann was born in June 1989 at the Loyola University Medical Center, weighing 9.9 ounces. She had mild brain bleeding, common in tiny preemies, but with no lasting effects. Madeline was treated for an eye condition common in preemies called retinopathy, which in severe cases can cause blindness.


Madeline is now a 22-year-old honors student in psychology. She has asthma and remains petite - 4 foot 8 and about 65 pounds at age 20 - but has no other lasting health problems.
Jim Mann, Madeline's father, said having a baby born so small was "terrifying" at first. That she has done so well is a source of pride, and wonder, he said. "I don't know why, we were just extraordinarily lucky.



This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.  Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. 
Deuteronomy 30:19.


No comments: