Christine - Trained Doula

Monday, February 13, 2012

Spring must be just around the corner

I say that spring must be just the corner because I got bitten - by the cooking bug.  Usually Doug is the one who does the evening cooking -- for many reasons, most of which I shouldn't post here.  Tonight we are having Spanish rice and beans.  Tried following a recipe from the web but it needed some tweeking cause I just didn't think it had enough water to cook the rice.  This is really the kind of cooking I love to do and I am so glad my darling man of the house enjoys it too.


Bring to a boil in a saucepan 1 quart chicken broth and 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce.
Cook in a dutch oven.
6 pieces of bacon - remove and set aside.
Saute 2 onions in bacon pan until soft.
Add 1 cup of rice and broth sauce mixture
Add 1 chopped green pepper and bacon cut up into pieces.
Add 2 tomatoes chopped ( I used 1/2 can fire roasted tomatoes)
Add seasoning if desired - chili powder, salt pepper)
simmer until liquid is absorbed.
Add 1 can of beans ( i love black beans best)

Wish I had some greek yogurt.

No comments: