Christine - Trained Doula

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Soakers - for baby that is.

My crochet binge has taken me to diaper soakers.  Now I only wish I had another granbaby to use them.


With nothing to go by my first attempt came out a large so for my next attempt 
I shortened up the chain length and got a size more suiting to a 3-6 month 
but then again there is a lot of stretch in this crochet stitch. 


I found a really nice natural wool that works up super nice. 


Needed to add some color to my evening hooking session so I put in a 
quick order to knit picks and got some really nice heathered peruvian wool. 


 Another soaker made of acrylic yarn (Vanna's - for acrylic it works up nicely)


Needed to try a different pattern and I really like the feel of this yarn as well as the stitch. 


This really gives a much better idea of the red and green that I used.  


Well, I couldn't continue crochet only so  in my search for a knit soaker I came across curly purly and this pattern.  I particularly like this style because 1. no need for a tie 2.  you can make it long in the waist. .
Almost finished, all that's needed is the leg cuffs and then some blocking.  

No comments: