Christine - Trained Doula

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Train is Coming

The Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus is on its way to Kentucky.  Louisville to be exact AND it will be going right by Tyler's house -- You can actually look out the living room window and watch the train's go by.  What is really really cool is that is also
 goes right down the main street of La Grange.  
It is on its way to its next performance. 


I am happy that Tyler will get to see this --- He LOVES trains as most little kids do. 
I am sad because I was supposed to be visiting there for the holidays 
but alas,  I am still here in NY and I will not be seeing it. 


 I know if Tyler's Unc had his way they would be right there watching
 the elephants unload and make their way into the "big top"


More elephants -- we can't get enough. 
Unc has a collection of about 100 - all sizes - of elephants. 
It's a hobby he acquire after his trip to India.
 I guess those giants made quite an impression on him . 


There's something about the circus that's nostalgic and child like, that makes me remember all the ones I went to as a kid growing up in Utica.  Listening to the "live" band (my clarinet teacher played tuba) at the Armory on Culver Ave.  I think it is something every child must experience at least once. 


No comments: