Christine - Trained Doula

Sunday, May 13, 2012

It is a absolutely gorgeous weekend with a slight warm breeze and warm temps and a blue sky.  But I'm staying in with either allergy or cold or something else equally nasty.  I have done the liquid echinacea which pushed the sore throat through in 24 hours,  herb tea  - what ever I could find ( we our out of gypsy cold care).  Benadryl, Zyrtec, Mycinnex DM and now I am down to itchy coughy lungs, dizzy and lightheaded, tired (I know probably all that benadryl) and thinking - tomorrow is monday and my voice is fading fast, ugh.  I came across this post and thought it quite intelligent in the treatment of what ever it is I have. 


It can be cured by conventional medicines like antihistamine, decongestant and in severe cases, with the help of corticosteroids. However, in many instances some simple home remedies can also help to clear up minor build up of phlegm in the throat. The most simple remedies is to drink lots of hot water. For better result and quick relief, you can add some honey to it. Drinking lots of water would help to get rid of the infectious agents and foreign particles. Ginger is another effective natural remedy for   condition. You can mix honey and cinnamon with ginger to make a fine paste and take it along with some more honey. Otherwise, you can have some tomato soup, prepared with spices like ginger, garlic and pepper.



So mom and her hot chicken soup with garlic or her tea with lemon and honey really are what's best. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!