Christine - Trained Doula

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saying good bye to fear

This past weekend I had the privilege of attending a Joyce Meyer conference in Hershey Pa.  It had its challenges - mostly in my attitude, but I learned years ago about getting that under submission.  Sometimes I am successful.  Much of what Joyce spoke about were things that I already know BUT have either forgotten or just wanted to ignore.

One of the first verses that spoke to me in my early years of being a believer back in the 70's was God hasn't given me a spirit of fear....... Yes, even then I knew that fear was holding me back from being all that God wanted for me. Over the years I have struggled with various fears and have conquered some but not others.

Dale Carnegie said, “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.”



My faith and battle against fear was put to the test once more tonight as it was nearing 9 pm and I needed to find a place to stay for the night.  One that was under $50.00 total and safe for Kate, Tyler and myself.  Part of me is saying - just drive through to Louisville, then you won't need to confront any weird people in the lobby.  Part of me was saying stay at the $90.00 because you deserve it  and part of me was starting to worry about finding this place in the dark anyway.   



But then I remembered what I had heard over the weekend.  Pray about it and then let God.  God - you know are needs and where we need to be.  With Kate's directing we made all the right turns and found a Day's Inn that meet our needs.  I secured a room, bought a pizza for $10.00 and feel pleased that I was able to over come me fears.

So here I am, sitting in bed.  Tyler and Kate sound asleep (I love watching Tyler when he sleeps).  The bed is comfortable, it is quiet, the room is clean although dated and I am happy because I serve a great and loving God. 





No comments: