Christine - Trained Doula

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Surprise Jacket

After too many washcloths, scrubbies, hats and more hats, I was up to a challenge. I came across a most beautiful sweater in a variegated yarn that I fell in love with BUT the only way to get the pattern was to buy it. Now, since the wonder of the internet I haven't bought a pattern in years but I just had to have this one. This is a pattern developed by Elizabeth Zimmerman and could be found in several of her books. So, that must mean a trip to the library, however, our library doesn't have any of her books. Hmmmmm. Fortunately, my favorite online yarn store had it for sale at 40% off so......I bought it!!! Along with several skeins of yarn.
Not knowing what to expect I kept it simple. My first project was this heathered garnet one. I used aDK weight (washable merino) and #4 needles. Not to bad, but the color doesn't show off the beautiful mitered front. Stay tuned for sweater # two.

This was one of my favorite sweaters - it was for a baby - average size not a 12 pounder.  I was excited to present it to one of my doula clients who had a sweet 6 pound baby boy.  June 23, 2011 post. 

1 comment:

YarnKat said...

I love it! You now have me totally addicted to slouch/snood hats and I am on my second one and have another in line that will be summer weight. Abby loves her hat.

I don't worry about becoming addicted to sweaters, until I have grandbabies I am not into sweaters at all.

Look forward to seeing sweater #2! Keep inspiring and showing me stuff!