Christine - Trained Doula

Monday, March 1, 2010

Knitting Memories part 2

Knitting is a haven, a safe place
where one can touch history,
dance with art,
and create a peaceful life.
---Nancy Bush, author of "Folk Socks"


Knitting came and went. I remember losing needles in the car - still have that problem - hence circular needles have become my norm. By my senior year of high school (1969), knitting and crocheting were gaining in popularity. We were blessed with a "senior lounge" and many of us would use the time to knit. Scarfs and Vests were the usual fare. I never took my knitting into class rooms - until college. Dropping that metal needle in the classroom proved to be a bit embarrassing but it didn't stop me. I quickly became a collector of knitting magazines. I especially liked one called Mon Tricot.

No comments: