Christine - Trained Doula

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Big Move

Busy Beautiful Day. Packing is underway at the Rome Clinic. Of the four rooms, I've finished two. Not bad.I'm looking forward to the new building but sometimes change is hard. At least parking will be a plus. I've been going to the Rome Clinic twice a week for about a month. It has it's perks - like getting out earlier, getting a chance to plant some letterboxes, getting to visit with my friend Diane in Oriskany but that also means my work in Utica piles up. It is nice to know that the God that loves me and gets me through the day will also do that at work. YES.



I love my job at the clinic. Everyday is new, different, and satisfying. Tues and Thursday we see people from ALL over the world come through for Refugee Clinic. There are people who have just arrived in Utica from Burma, Vietnam, Iraq, Nepal, Cuba, Somalia, Bosnia to name only a few. On Wednesday our first floor is full of men, women and lots of children who come in for immunizations. Seeing 40 people in two hours is not uncommon. I enjoy the young children the most and love to see how parents in different cultures interact with their kids.
I'll always remember the little boy who was so tired he squatted down, rested his head on the top of a soda bottle and went to sleep or the day three little ones huddled under a wooden table in the hall way jabbering away.

No comments: