Christine - Trained Doula

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Night on the Canal

I decided that when I got home and finished with dinner Tyler and I would go on an adventure. We packed up the stroller and headed for the canal. This time we walked from Barnes Ave. to Genesee Street. Checked out a letter box that was supposedly missing in action (It Was) and planted another in the same area.
"View on the Erie Canal at West Shore Crossing Utica, N.Y."
(7754, Hugh C. Leighton Co., Portland, ME.) -- Postcard ; not postmarked ; 1908?

Along the way we heard orioles and robins, picked dame's rocket and gathered "snow" from the cottonwood trees. Avoided the mosquitoes but found instead a lovely painted turtle. Tyler who will touch anything will NOT touch turtles. This one had a traveler on the back as well which I didn't notice until I showed him to Kate who said - IS THAT A LEECH! Sure was.

No comments: