Christine - Trained Doula

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Goodbye Lancaster

It is just past midnight and everyone is asleep but me. I'll do that in the car as we travel back to New York. This week I have been challenged, encouraged, blessed, humbled and renewed. We heard over and over, we are nothing without the anointing of the Holy Spirit. And yes, I've known that for decades BUT it helps to hear it again because we get in ruts. We skip a day of bible reading, a few days of prayer, maybe a rehearsal or two, then a Sunday morning service and think hey, I can play piano, I know the songs, I'll do ok... but that's not how it is. Having the talent to do something doesn't mean anything if you have forgotten the reason you are doing this. This worship thing, Sunday mornings, drums, guitars, overhead projector. Sure we can get up on that "platform" and perform. We can probably hit all the right notes, come in on cue, start and stop on time BUT if God's not in it, if we haven't ask the Holy Spirit to fill us up with his anointing once again, then it is all for naught. And as worship leaders, it is our responsibility to bring that anointing to the people.



Paul Baloche, Lenny LeBlanc, Christy Nockles, Ken Reynolds and so many more lead us in worship during morning opening session and night closings. To stand and bask in the glory of God, to laugh and cry and sing in his presence was glorious. Coming from a small congregation I am always awed by the sound and worship of 1000 voices lifted up acapella in a closing hymn.

No comments: