Christine - Trained Doula

Monday, December 6, 2010

ECZEMA ERASER

From the time Tyler was a little baby he has always had a problem with his skin. In fact his cradle cap was so bad (seborrhea the doctor called it) that when he was a few months old, it finally fell off - and all his hair with it. He reminded everyone of Grampa Benson. Anyway, I came across this remedy in a magazine and thought maybe it would be of help to others with these problems.

Quote from magazine
Two weeks after giving birth to my third child, I developed eczema all over my body. Because I was breastfeeding, my dr. couldn't prescribe anything for me. My friend recommended that I open capsules of evening primrose oil (EPO) and spread the oil over the affected area up to three times a day (Apparently EPO has anti-inflamatory properties.) Unlike the stinging steroid creams I've used the in the past EPO was instantly soothing and eventually cured the rash. My friend had used it on her toddler with excellent results.

Now if I can just get my daughter to try it on Tyler. He still has Yukky skin.

OH, and my disclaimer - consult a doctor before trying this.

No comments: