Christine - Trained Doula

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Is this winter???

I thought when it first started snowing that we would have a covering of snow all season. So far, that has not happened, at least for our house. Seems Syracuse has more than they can handle, same for south of us and north but not at our abode. In fact, I think Louisville KY has more snow than we do. Add ImageAdd Image
Isn't it beautiful? and doesn't it bring back wonderful memories of bundling up in winter attire (remembering those plastic Wonder Bread bags placed over my shoes before slipping into those horrid zip up the front boots) so I could shovel the driveway. Thank goodness it was short one.
Growing up we had some memorable snow storms. Particularly was the Blizzard of 66. Came out of nowhere as far as I remembered. It just kept coming and my single parent MOM drove home after work with snow so heavy she was afraid she wouldn't make it and worried about my sis and me at home. Of course, we could handle it - we had plenty of hot chocolate and toast.



Seems that all my children who moved away from this yucky Mohawk Valley weather have found themselves in some pretty snowy spots. Josh got buried in Buffalo this year and got to experience "real" snow.

No comments: