Christine - Trained Doula

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Missing Photos and my busy week





It is amazing where missing items show up - even when you don't realize they are missing. Joshua took some film to be developed and found photos from my trip to sea base with the explorer scouts back in 2005 and some cutey pics of Tyler. This must have been the summer of 2010 before they returned to their 'Ole Kentucky Home'. He's sitting on my garden bench.
It was nice to find them cause I'm missing him after my blessed month with him here in NY.

He visited IKEA this past Tuesday with his mama and papa and got to buy a wooden train set - cause he LOVES trains.

As for busy week - I am using my Saturday to chill and get caught up on fun stuff like - paying bills and cleaning the bath room.

Tuesday night I got a doula call - meet us in Oneida. We're on our way to Crouse. So Diane and I ventured to Syracuse hoping for a quick delivery so I could be back to work Wednesday morning. But that was not to be as my mom-to-be was only in early labor and was sent back home to rest. Well, rest she sort of did until Thursday afternoon when she again called saying this was it - meet us at Crouse. There by 4pm and baby at 10pm - Mom was awesome and so was Dad. And I won the prize: The sono tech said boy - I said girl, the midwife said 7 something and I asked how much her sibling weighed and that this child topped that. She was 9 # 3 oz. But the real prize was the privilege of being there to witness a beautiful little girl be greeted by two loving AND EXCITED parents.

This visit to the Florida Keys was THE most memorable and best "vacation" time I ever spent. My only regret is that my husband wasn't there to experience it with me. After our first night on a sailboat with the most spectacular sunset, starry night and lightning storms in the distance to the day I spent walking alone all around Key West I will always remember the week I spent there with Kati.

I was so amazed at the beauty that the ocean held. I was absolutely in awe as we snorkeled amidst the reefs with multitudes of schooling fish swimming amongst me.

I was left thinking that GOD created all of this beauty but very few people ever will get to experience it.









And this is what I dream about. To spend a year sailing where ever my heart leads complete with kitty companion.











No comments: