Christine - Trained Doula

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I remember Anna

I have been drawn to Alaska's mystic since I was in grade school, I've followed the Iditarod since it's beginnings cheering on such racers as Libby Riddles, Susan Butcher and Dee Dee Jonroe and I have the blessing to have owned my own Husky. Her name was Anna and she was by far my favorite. Loyal and faithful she would know just what I was saying. She would sleep in a chair next to my bed every night EXCEPT those nights we were having thunder storms. Then she would get as close to me as she could get. My woodchuck killing speedy dog was terrified of these storms.
The Last Great Race


I live in New York Stete and will probably never visit Alaska but I dream.
Just looking at a Husky you can tell that behind those eyes is a whole lotta smarts.


and when there is a prediction of northern lights you will find me outside searching the sky for their splendor.

No comments: