Christine - Trained Doula

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Boxing in Richfield

Any boxer knows that a sunny day is a great day for boxing and today was just one of those days.  So, with iced coffee (thanks to John) in the cup holder, David Neuve on the CD player, my lap top (for clues), and atlas (for directions) I struck off on a long overdue LB adventure.


After being without a car for 6 weeks, it was good to get back in the driver's seat.  With a clean trunk it was a breeze setting up for LBing.  I downloaded all the clues onto my desktop before leaving.  Brilliant.


First stop was a sweet little unkept cemetery in Warren.  I kid you not,  those stones are really leaning that way.  Check out the tree.
I was treated to the song of a mockingbird which surprised me because I haven't heard them east of Syracuse but why not.


Warren is a beautiful countryside town with large populations of beef cattle.  An occasional farmer would drive by with a friendly wave from their tractor.



After leaving Warren, I meandered around and ended up in Van Hornesville, one of the prettiest villages in Herkimer County.  Stopped at a cemetery there hoping to get two more letter boxes but both escaped me. So, on to Monticello for my last cemetery stop.



Can you identify this leaf?  Cause I can't.




No comments: