Christine - Trained Doula

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Grave Yard

Because I have always loved walking through cemetery - even back when I was in the single digit years - I find planting letterboxes in them especially nice.  They have a name for people like us - Taphophiles. (we even have a web site).  I also like history especially about my family in terms of genealogy. Many of the boxes I plant have a theme.  And graveyards in no exception.  I started by picking cemeteries where my ancestors were buried but then branched.  I even found a gggrandfather's gravestone by accident.

My series started out in Northville, NY.
GY #1 Foundery at Prospect - Northville
GY #2 Lakewood Cemetery - Cooperstown
GY #3 Flowers in Remembrance - Rome
GY #4 Under the Oaks - Lee Center
GY #5 Family Leaf from a Family Tree - Verona Mills
GY #6 Long Lost Grandfather - Ilion
GY #7 Stanwix Cemetery - Stanwix
GY #8 Always Remember - Rome
GY #9 A Flower to Remember - Rome
GY #10 Another Day, Another Leaf - Greenway

Boxing in Pennsylvania




No comments: