Christine - Trained Doula

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thankful or Grateful??

One topic at church this week was - what are you thankful for and what are you grateful for and is there a difference.  I am thankful  

 "I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe." 1787 December 20.
In a letter from Thomas Jefferson to James Madison - prophetic??



It is Thanksgiving Day.  

Turkey's in the oven, 
Potatoes on the stove,
Pies in the cupboard and table is set.

I think this is the first year I have seen more than 15 minutes 
of the Macy's Day Parade.
 Not a big tradition in our family. 
 What is a big tradition is our tag team way of preparing the BIG meal. 


James makes the pies - i clean up


Doug makes the stuffing - I clean up
Turkey Day - James sleeps on the couch and Doug cooks the turkey and we clean up.

Doug moves out to the living room and I peel and cook the potatoes.
I move to the living room and Doug starts the squash and brussel sprouts. 
I come back and mash the potatoes and set the table. 


Everything is finished ---  except the gravy. 

Doug doesn't eat it, James doesn't want it, I'm not going there so.....
we might just have a gravyless meal.  




       This is my country
Land of my birth
This is my country
Grandest on Earth
This is my country
Land of my choice
This is my country
Hear my proud voice.
I pledge thee my allegiance
America the bold
For this is my country
 To have and to hold.

No comments: