Christine - Trained Doula

Friday, March 29, 2013

It's what's in the pantry

Ahhh - Good Friday and the county I work for gives us the day off.  So, I have a lot planned.
First on the agenda - something needs to go into the crock pot for dinner.
Husband took chicken out of the freezer Wed night so that's a start and there is the other onion I peeled two days ago and the half a qt. container of diced tomatoes with garlic and basil.  Let's see what else I can find.

Put in bottom of crockpot

1 large sliced onion
1 chicken breast - cut into 6 pieces

Mix together and pour over chicken. 
some diced tomatoes
can of tomato past
can of v-8 juice (single serve)
2 cans mushrooms
top section of a bunch of celery - chopped
4 cloves - minced
italian seasoning
salt
pepper
some olive oil
and a 1/4 cup (or less) of some pickly type


juice with spices from some pickled peppers that was left in the fridge.


(If I had some peppers they would have gone in or fresh mushrooms)

Set on Low for 8 hours and over something -- pasta, rice,  bread.  

I love making a meal out of what I have around the house.  It really gives a sense of satisfaction that I can do anything.  Now we will see how it all tasted




No comments: