Christine - Trained Doula

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Yard Work leads to...

burning in the barrel
.


...a day of rest. Once the fire got going the helpers showed up. I have been planning this all winter - a cleaning fest. I knew if I started something the cleaners wouldn't be far behind so I got out the rake, the gloves and the matches. ssshhh don't tell any one I'm playing with matches. First James showed up, then Doug made his Hello appearance and John arrived about 1pm. By then I had a fire pit going - need a good bed of coals for marshmallows don't you know. Next I started the sorting - a pile of wood, a pile of stones, a pile of stuffed bagged for the road and the annoying pile of metal. I say annoying because first we have to sort out the different types of metal and then we have to sneak it on the truck before Mr. Benson notices that I am throwing away what he doesn't WANT me to throw away. 
Finally at 6 pm we were finished for the day and ready for dinner.




Planting the garden



Finally, removing an old dead elm tree......


..... that was holding up the old chicken coop.


 Moving the check out - again


Cleaning out a winters worth of chicken coop left overs. 



Which brings me to Sunday - sore from all the work the day before I decided to research 
Utica area hospitals, prompted in part by the local section of the today's OD.

Being that I work at the county's health clinic in a very old building, 
I am always asked if it has always been a clinic. Yes, it has.

No comments: