Christine - Trained Doula

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Joyce Meyer - part 2


Something I seem to always struggle with is giving out.  Seems I have no trouble taking in - worship, prayer, fellowship at church, reading my Bible, hearing the Word preached.  But when or even how do I give back.  Joyce made an analogy that it is like breathing.  If we only take in breathe and never breath out what would happen.  I think you can figure that one out.  But doesn't it really apply to everything in our lives.  From giving our time to giving our tithe we need to return to the storehouse (church) were we are being feed. It's not just enough to show up on Sunday morning week after week but not a midweek time for prayer or Saturday to do something for the community. And there in lies my problem.  I work all week and selfishly want my Saturday's to clean the house, do the laundry, sew, knit, blog..... and the list can go on and on.  So what am I to do?  Well for one thing I need to die to self, because all those Saturday "chores" will be there later and so will all the things I want to do for me.

No comments: