Christine - Trained Doula

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Home schooling - the numbers are in.

HOMESCHOOLING -- the stats say it all. 

All four of my children were home schooled to various degrees and all four went to college.  Two have bachelors, while the other two are working on associates.  I so think it would be nice to retire early and school my grandchild but I know that isn't an option.  In a country were two parents sometimes have to work due to circumstances, homeschooling becomes difficult.  Yet the facts are in and show that most home educated children are far ahead of their public schooled peers.

All of my children have a respect for adults, knew the importance of communication and all have good work ethics.  Because they were schooled at home - probably not BUT I do know they are better people than if I would have sent them to our local central school.  They know how to think critically, aren't followers, and my list can go on and on.

As a believer in Christ and what the Bible says, I don't buy into the notion that our children should be educated by the government (in my eyes Egypt) but by their parents and family.

No comments: