Christine - Trained Doula

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Reasons to live in the Mohawk Valley

My daughter and grandson came to visit for Thanksgiving and one of the things we do I talk about how wonderful it is to living where I do.  Besides the fact that we (meaning our farm) rarely get bad weather, and that I have lived here 60+ years, I believe that the Utica Rome area is on the edge of a boom.  But besides that there are many reasons why my daughter and her family would benefit from living here.
In random order as they popped into our heads.

1. On call baby sitters - what a money saver.
2. You can grow vegetables year round in our greenhouse  (like that Alaska show)
3. Biking, canoeing and kayaking are close by (not to mention the Adirondacks)
4. Two families means meal sharing possibilities plus canning and preserving company and help (I'll be able to pick more blackberries).
5. You don't have to listen to the tornado sirens and remember you don't have a basement.
6.

No comments: